Sunday, July 09, 2006

FreeSWITCH has got a clue

The FreeSWITCH project is reaching maturity, and I whish they manage to get their first release out to be presented at ClueCon.

From what I know of its architecture, it possesses all the ingredients for a real internet wide distributed voice system. As such I believe FreeSWITCH would have to be seriously considered as the voice platform of choice to complement XMPP. The philosophy driving their concept of distributed platform bodes well with the XMPP federation cloud. But above all, beyond the necessity to provide early solutions, they really understand the difference between Jingle and Google Talk.

I just hope they fix their registration procedure so I could get a build to run on my Windows server…

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels: ,